Change your behaviour one step at a time
The most difficult things on the earth for human being is to change unwanted habits, negative thought patterns and undesirable behaviours. It is complicated. It requires deliberate attempts to reprogram mind. Human mind has three parts: Conscious mind, subconscious mind and super conscious mind.
The conscious mind is responsible for logic, reasoning and all the voluntary action with awareness such as reading listening, writing, speaking etc.
The information we receive from reading, listening and learning will be recorded in our subconscious mind. Conscious mind is the gateway to subconscious mind. Therefore, one has to be careful about the actions because it programs subconscious mind and also determines attitude and quality of life.
The sub-conscious mind is the mind of the imagination. It is a storehouse of our learned behavior, beliefs, feelings and memories. It is responsible for all of our involuntary actions, heartbeats, breathing rate etc. Based upon the information saved by previous actions, we automatically respond and do things without thinking about them. The language of the subconscious mind is feelings (pain, pleasure, hot, cold), emotions (anger, frustration, happiness, sorrow) and images. Our subconscious mind cannot distinguish between thoughts that are created by physical events or imaginary events. It does not have the power to reason and analyze.
The super conscious mind is the spiritual part of the mind. It is also called Supreme Power/Energy, God, Almighty, Higher Mind, Higher Self, Higher Intelligence, Universal Intelligence, Universal Mind, Universal Consciousness, and Supreme Consciousness etc. The scientific community refers to it as “The Unified Field” or “Infinite Field of potential within.” Both science and spirituality have acknowledged this force as the mastermind for all the creations in the universe. Conscious and subconscious mind work together to establish the connection with the super conscious mind, which is the ultimate source of unlimited power. When conscious and subconscious mind have any conflict, the super conscious mind resolves the conflict, bring the harmony and takes care of all good things in our life that we aim for.
Sometimes we observe that people cannot change their behavior because their subconscious mind doesn’t know how to change. Performing actions with awareness at a conscious level will bring some slow and temporary changes. However, combined with relaxation, meditation and affirmation, and prayers will bring faster and everlasting change.
- Know the change you want to make or habit you want to change. Make commitment (conscious decision) to change them.
- Support it with action and practice it. Acknowledge the negative thought and replace it with a positive thought. This way you will change the “auto-response” of subconscious mind.
- Relax your body by doing yoga, pranayama (breathing exercise)
- Relax your mind and meditate. Meditate when you don’t know what to do.
- Give positive messages or affirmations to your subconscious mind for the change you want to make within yourself.
- Pray to Supreme Power and thank him for his guidance and help
- Self-introspection, self evaluation and practice